We’re excited that you have chosen to participate in R2OC this year. We look forward to seeing seeing you July 22, 2023 at the PE Center at Rock Valley College.
- We will have a concession stand, Bathrooms and Air conditioning.
- II there a hotel close to the competition site?
- This year’s competition has returned to Rock Valley College 3301 North Mulford Rd Rockford Illinois 61114. The closest hotel to the competition site is Radisson Hotel 200 bell school rd Rockford Illinois , Holiday Inn express 7552 Park pl Loves park Ill 61111 , Embassy Suites by Hilton Rockford Riverfront (416 S. Main Street, Rockford, IL, IL 61104) Reservations can be made at the following site: Rockford Embassy Suites
- Will there be a Team Social this year? YES
The team social will be located at Volcano Falls
Volcano Falls Features: Go Carts, Laser Tag, Mini Put, Arcade games, Ice cream. Pizza will be provided for those who choose to attend the social.
- Will there be trailer parking available Friday July 21 ?
- Will there be an event t-shirt this year?
- Yes! We will have shirts available for sales while supplies last. In addition, volunteers will receive an event shirt as a thank you for volunteering.
- Are volunteers still needed for the 2023 season?
- Yes! The success of our event is dependent on volunteers. There are many volunteer jobs still needed ranging from Field set up (Friday July 21 ) to field reset, queuing and concessions. Please sign up to volunteer at our volunteer registration webpage.
- Will there be a donation/collection as a community service project?
- This years community out reach project is for the Rockford Rescue Mission – https://www.rockfordrescuemission.org/ We are asking teams to donate the following items:
- Feminie Hygiene Products
- Canned Goods
- Each team who participates in the community outreach project will have their team name entered into a drawing for a $100.00 Andy Mark Gif Card
- Will scholarships be awarded this year?
- Yes! This year R2OC will award two $1,000 scholarships. New this year will be 4 $500 scholarships for High school students going to the Rock Valley program .The application will open in June and can be found on our website scholarship page. The deadline to apply is Friday July 27 2023
- What is the time schedule for Saturdays event and how many qualifying matches will we get?
Pit load in will be from 7:00-9:00 am on Saturday July 22, 2023. We plan to have the first qualifying matches begin at 9:00 am and end around 1:00 pm. Matches will last 8 minutes. As of July 19 we have a slate of 30 teams participating.. We will hold a brief ceremony to recognize sponsors and scholarship winners at 1:00 pm just prior to our lunch break. We hope to have eliminations begin at 2:00 pm.
- Will game be played by 20223 rules (and are there any modifications)?
We will be following FIRST 2023 rules. Teams are responsible for reviewing the rules.
Information provided is current as of July 11, 2023 We will update as soon as more has been determined.